Interesting Facts about Lemongrass
- Native to India and Sri Lanka, fragrant lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus) grows in 2- to 4-foot-high clumps, spreading to 3 feet.
- The lime green, ornamental grass is a common ingredient in Thai and Vietnamese cuisines, being widely grown in Southeast Asia for culinary purposes.
- Thai and Vietnamese cooks commonly add diced or shredded lemongrass stems to stir-fries, curries, marinades and soups.
- Lemongrass is often used in soups and curries but it is also a great ingredient to make a delicious tea particularly if combined with fresh organic ginger.
- Lemongrass tea is not only delicious but is known as the ultimate natural remedy for a cold !